Monday, September 28, 2020

                                                Chapter Presentations

    During  last Introduction to public Speaking classes we have been doing  a project which was divided in three different groups. Each group had to present a part. The presentations were based on the book “I Speak” which is the one that we are going to use in the class. When my group was planning the presentation I was wondering if they were going to be helpful or not, know that we are done with the projects I can say that defiantly they were helpful .The presentations were a really good way to learn for three different reasons: they offered explanations with visual aids, also in order to do it people had to practice, what means that they memorized the content and all groups did a good job.

   There are different ways to learn, some studies have demonstrate that the majority of the people learn better by listening and watching. That is what presentations are about. Presentations offered explanations and visual aids like for example: YouTube videos, photos and charts between others. Well, not all types of presentations come with visual aid but in this case all three groups used it. In my opinion those visual aids made the projects more fun and kept audience attention. Because of the explanations the process of understanding and learning the content was easier and faster, at least for me.

  The second reason why I feel that this type of project really helps the students is because in order to receive a good grade you need to do a good work. For this you have to memorize what you are going to talk about and there is no other way to do this that with enough practice. Ones that you learned your part I am pretty sure that you are not going to forget it. I can tell by my experience that it worked. I had to talk about some tips for planning a presentation and I still remember all of them. Also and very important, during the presentations you need to pay attention to what each person is going to be presenting , that way you can learn about more than just your part .

   All the three groups did a good job. Unfortunately, some technical issues showed up but nothing stopped their presentation.The groups presented what the professor requested .Each of them explained their part and they showed some videos. All three groups demonstrated that they were prepared and they understood their topics.Because of their well done projects was easy to understand all the different topics. I also have to recognize that the originality of each presentation  made more fun the audience attention.

  To conclude i have to say that these presentations were an easy and fun way to learn.  I really enjoined them for all the different reasons mentioned before. Because of the professor comments I can tell that she also liked all three groups presentations too. I am really exited to continue working with  group number one on the coming projects .

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

9/11 Presentation

       As we moved on to our third project about informative speeches everyone had a pretty good idea of how to prepare for it. All groups w...