Monday, September 28, 2020

First Public Speaking Presentation Experience




  
 For this presentation my team and I had to teach our public speaking class how to deliver a well-developed presentation or speech. We tackled the steps needed and required to give out a presentation that would have a topic and a purpose, and that would adapt to its audience. To be sincerely honest, never in my life did I think that I would have been taking a public speaking course, let a long teaching a chapter or a lesson in one because it’s not something that I usually do or like to do, but there’s a first time for everything like people say. Doing this presentation was kind of nerd racking for me, although I couldn’t see the audience, I still knew that there were forty plus people watching me speak for seven minutes. Even tough, my team and I had some setbacks while trying to teach our chapters like our audio didn’t work and we didn’t have enough time to fully teach our chapters. We didn’t let those setbacks bothered us, we went on that virtual room and did our absolutely best. Overall, it was a fun and learning experience, I enjoyed going out of my comfort zone and being able to gain confidence to speak publicly, I hope that we do something similar to this again, well I know that we will. After all it is a public speaking class.

    Yes, I enjoyed every person that spoke on every group. Each of them had something different to teach. You know yes, we are teaching these chapters but it’s something that we are still in the process of learning. Teaching these chapters, I think that the class would agree that it was very helpful because we got the chance to learned from each other and at the same time studied each chapter individually. It was just a great experience, each of the groups had technical issues, but we still gave our best which I think what really matter is that each person gave their all. Some of us including myself are not experienced public speakers and we still gave our all and taught our chapters to best of our abilities. I just hoped that next time we do a project similar to this one, we get the change to be in a public environment and that everything goes as planned. As of right now, we are stocked in this virtual world, where we are limited to what we can do. Hopefully within the next semester everything goes back to normal and we can do our presentations out somewhere and show the people what we got, more importantly show ourselves how good we are at speaking publicly. I am just truly looking forward to seeing what is next in the course, because this was a truly enjoyable experience. I just want to say thank you to our amazing instructor Sherri Sinkoff and my fellow classmates for making this such a great experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

9/11 Presentation

       As we moved on to our third project about informative speeches everyone had a pretty good idea of how to prepare for it. All groups w...